Tuesday 31 January 2012

Just Enough


I wrote this thought on Monday and wanted to send it out yesterday but never got round to do the finishing touches. Things got a bit hectic here at work. Since I have quite a few drafts I thought I would send this one out today as well.

How do we live from day to day? Happy times are easy to get through, but what about those tough days? The days when you just need that extra bit of patience, faith, hope and so many more, to get by?

I believe that we are all provided with as much of all of this as we need for that specific moment. Just enough to live from day to day. To handle one thing at a time. Thinking too far ahead might just get us all worked up andworried J. Doubting whether we will we be able to handle it. I don’t mean don’t plan ahead, just don’t worry too much about those things that are planned!!! Especially the things we don’t have any control over.

I remember talking to a friend the other day about a scripture in 1 Corinthians 13: “and now faith, hope and love remains and the most important of these is love”. Then I asked her which one is the most important. Of course she replied “love”. No, I said, faith, hope and love. That was what I needed to believe at that precise moment. Whatever is essential to each one of us there and then, God will provide.

So, why don’t we try not to worry too much about whether things will turn out for the better? Hold on and give the control over to God, even it is very difficult sometimes. It is when we try to be in charge of things that they turn out to be very messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment