Tuesday 31 January 2012

Who Do You See


There are certain people in life that you don't really get the option of spending time with. They are a part of your daily life irrespective of whether you choose them to be or not. It could be co-workers, friends of friends, family and so forth.

Then there are those people that you let into your life out of free will. Why do you choose them? What makes them different than the rest of the world out there?

The question I ask myself when I look at them is: "Who do I see?" Can I grow with the person? Spiritually and as a person. Do they break me down or build me up? Make me feel better about myself? Do I feel at home? Do I really WANT to spend time with them or just feel obliged out of courtesy. Do I see myself in them?

If my answer to the above questions are no, then I don’t see the point of becoming friends with them. Of letting them into my life, close to my heart. They can be acquaintances if need be or when necessary but we don’t have to be best friends with everybody we know. Our time in life is very limited and valuable. Why not spend it with the people you want?

Next time you really want to invest in friendship why not ask yourself “who do I see when I look at them”?

No comments:

Post a Comment