Wednesday 28 September 2011

The Contentment of Being Loved

Ever seen the affection between a parent and a child?  That look of total confidence in the child’s eyes knowing that the parent is going to take care of him, love him no matter what and the feeling of contentment within the parent knowing the child loves him unconditionally (I am not a parent myself but can only imagine what it must feel like!!).  The adoration between two people loving each other.  That unconditional love and warm feeling in your heart that you feel towards that person, believing that he is the most perfect human being that you have ever met and you would move heaven and earth to make him happy.   There is a song by Westlife I love listening to called “Catch my breath”.  A phrase in it saying “there’s a pulling in my chest when I know you’re coming round” just moves my heart every time I hear it.  Loving someone like this wonderful.  Being loved in return is even greater and gives you a deep, tremendous feeling of contentment.

Isn’t it amazing to know that the above love is only a fraction of the kind of love God feels for us.  I don’t think we can fathom the profoundness of His love for us.  I get all excited just thinking about it.

In 1 Corinthians 13 we see the importance of love.  Sometimes we think of God as just watching our every move to see where we go astray, what we do that He won’t approve of.  John 4:16 proves that wrong: “I am not distant and angry but am the complete expression of love”.  He wants to give us that love, wants us to give that love to people around us in different ways, we just have to let Him.

May you experience the magnitude of His love today and see it in all the little things around you.

With loads and loads of love in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment