Wednesday 28 September 2011

What's The Purpose

The other night at cell we discussed a question: “When you see God face to face and you could ask him one question, what would it be?”

Must admit that I have a very curious mind, must be the analytical part of my character.  But, if there is a question in a certain context that I really don’t know the answer to, then I simply accept it.  There are certain things in life that we don’t always understand right away, but in time we might. So, at that point I couldn’t think of any specific question.

One question that I have been asking myself for a while though is: “What is the purpose of having some specific people in my life”? Will they have an impact and if so, what is it supposed to be?  How do I know? Since I didn’t always have the answer to the question and have asked it many times before I decided to accept the fact that it just happens some time and not always for a specific reason.     

The other night a friend and I were talking and she mentioned something that actually answered my question!!  This is so amazing.  Who knows, maybe I wasn’t supposed to know before.  Now I am back to square one with the question asking I suppose J.

She said that she knows people in her life that does things for her to uplift her or who does meaningful things in her life that they are not even aware of.  She doesn’t do anything for them in return, but they are still there.  So, she doesn’t necessarily have an impact on their lives but they do on hers.  That just goes to show that we don’t always know how God works.  What or who he uses to affect someone else’s life. 

Next time you are not sure why someone is part of your life just ask God to let His will be done. To guide you to do whatever He needs to accomplish in that person’s life even if you don’t understand why or how. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment