Monday 19 September 2011

Smile much?

Hi all you gorgeous people

 I am sure you've all heard from quite a number of different sources that it either takes more muscles to smile than to frown or the other way around.  Some people also speculate that there is a fixed number of muscles each person has.  Guess what?  It differs from person to person and also the amount of muscles each one uses for a smile is not the same. Each of us smile in a different way or degree.  What is someone else’s smirk might be your smile.....

Last week at cel I mentioned to Cecily that my face hurt.  Just in front of my ears above the upper jaw.

 I did some research about smiling on the internet.  There is a website that I love using when I want to figure out how something works: http://www.howstuffworks.com/.  On the health section it explains that there are more or less 43 facial muscles.  It exits from the brain and emerges from your skull just in front of the ears.  From there it splits to the different areas on your face.  Won't bore you with the medical jargon :-).  Had to go read up on some of the terms myself.

That would be the explanation for my face hurting in that exact spot!  Now isn't that a whole new set of muscles in your body that you would rather have hurting? There are so many reasons why smiling is good for you.  Below I mention only a few of them.  Won't go into detail on each one otherwise this a going to stretch out to be a very long e-mail.  It is however very good to read if you have the time (some of it is quite hilarious).  The site I got this section from is: www.longevity.about.com/od/lifelongbeauty/tp/smiling.htm.  Very interesting and funny!!!  After all how can you have an e-mail about smiling and not smile about it?

- Smiling makes you attractive
- Smiling changes your mood (warms your heart)
- Smiling is contagious
- Smiling reduces stress
- Smiling boosts your immune system
- Smiling lowers your blood pressure (I actually tried this one out, and my blood pressure 
  dropped with 13 points!)
- Smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers and serotonin
- Smiling lifts the face and makes you look younger
- Smiling makes you seem successful
- Smiling helps you to stay positive

So, let’s all get rid of the pain, become attractive, get that face-lift and feel better altogether!!!!

Excercise those muscles
Tons and tons of smiles for your today and forever :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment