Thursday 8 December 2011

Beauty In God's Creation

There is beauty in everything that God makes.  Quite an obvious statement isn’t it?  Ever try finding beauty in the things that doesn’t seem all that pretty?

One afternoon I went for a walk to relax a bit.  It is always interesting to look at everything around me.  Whether it be trees with nice colour leaves, flowers, various people, houses etc.  One afternoon I decided to try and find something positive in everything that came across my path.  In general it wasn’t all that difficult.  Even if it was something very minute, there was something visible.  When I was almost at the end of the journey I saw something and said: “No way! There is absolutely nothing “lovely” I could see in this particular thing”.  Except for the fact that it was created by God off course.  It was something I was very scared of and that wasn’t pretty at all.  A bullterrier!  Then I decided to stand and study him for a bit (from a distance!).  Surely there must be something good.  At that point I thought that God had a lovely sense of humour for bringing this one across my path J.  The owner of the dog came out of the house and then it dawned on me!  They are very good watch dogs and will protect their master at any cost.

So folks, there you have it!  There is some form of beauty in everything that God creates so lovingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment