Wednesday 7 December 2011

Emotions, A Blessing

The other morning I saw a couple of things that really stirred my emotions.  One was a very inspirational message from a friend and the others were photos.  The one was about a dachshund that adopted a little piglet due to the fact that she was orphaned.  I think an accurate description of what I was feeling would be “all mushy inside”.

These were all good emotions.   Believe me getting in touch with your emotions can be exhausting sometimes (both the good and the not so pleasant ones), but can you imagine what life would be like not experiencing any of these feelings at all?  Compassion, empathy, and love to name but a few.  It is just such a wonderful gift from God.

We should guard our hearts from hardening in life because of things that happens to us. Some people (especially men) are taught not to show emotions because you are supposed to be strong, tough.  That is so wrong, an injustice!!!!  We need to experience all of this.  It is how God intended it.  Emotions lost could mean a life lost.

I wish all of you loads and loads of mushiness today and always

No comments:

Post a Comment