Tuesday 13 December 2011

Reprogramming Your Mind


The other night I came across a card that I got at church some time ago.  I have read it before and put it on my nightstand.  Somehow it fell off and landed under my bed. I was looking for Missy (my kitty for those who don’t know yet J) and found the card.  The heading is “How do I live my Christian life?”.

There were loads of verses to read and I must admit the further I read the more I realised that I don’t always apply all the things in my life.  I thought “oh my goodness I am doomed!!!”  Scary thought. Towards the end there was a verse that said that it is a daily thing that we have to work on.  A constant reprogramming of the mind, body and soul.  It is impossible to be able to do all of this at once.  Things you might have worked through and overcome today might come back and be a new challenge again in your life at a later stage.  I took a deep sigh of relief J. 

The thing is that the closer we move to God the more we become aware of things that are not “quite right”.  That “gut feeling” is something we should listen to as it comes from the Holy Spirit. If you feel “no” then don’t.  Some of those things might not have bothered you as much before.  Must admit it feels like it makes life a lot harder sometimes even though I know it is a blessing and an honour to have such a close relationship with God.

So guys, hang in there and know that it is all worth it living the best life you possibly could as a child of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment