Tuesday 13 December 2011

Silliness

There was another subject I started writing about yesterday that I wanted to send out, but simply had to change it to this message.  Couldn’t resist J.

Ever feel like acting a little silly?  Try being part of a family where it happens on a daily basis!!!  And boy does rub off after a while J. 

Growing up I use to think my Dad had a weird sense of humour.  They always say that Englishmen have a very “witty” and “dry” sense of humour.  Then when I learned to appreciate it, it became so refreshing and always made our whole family laugh.  Miss him a lot.  Fortunately my mom, two sisters, brother, brother in law, their two sons, and my aunts all have a healthy dose as well!!!  Plenty to go around.  We have a saying that could easily be misinterpreted if you still get to know the family.  It is normally said when someone says something very amusing. “There is something wrong with you and it ain’t no little thing.  One day a thought popped into my head and I replied to my mom saying: “Guess what, there is no cure for it so you are stuck with me”. J

There was a period in my life when this was missing.  Can’t imagine now how I managed without it.

Must admit that people don’t always know how to react to it.  It has landed me in some “awkward” situations.  Well not all that uncomfortable for me more for the other party involved.  Then on the other hand it has been an ice-breaker, stress releaser and just plain fun!!!!!!!

Even my boss plays along sometimes.  One day he did something very amusing.  He walked passed me and saw that I was looking for him. He picked up speed and hid behind his office door.  When I knocked on the door he knocked back and stayed there.  It was hilarious.  Other times he just shakes his head and smiles.

I am so blessed being surrounded by good people with a sense of fun.  It is something in life that I will never let go off.    

I wish all of you a little (or a lot) of silliness, craziness and entertaining people to share it with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment