Thursday 15 December 2011

Just The Two Of Us


For those who have watched Greys Anatomy before, there is a scene where Danny, who was very sick in hospital, was going to either propose to Issie or marry her (can’t quite remember).  Issie was at home spending time to “get ready” when Danny unexpectedly passed away.  When she got to the hospital and found him there she felt “totally lost”.  All alone in the world.  It was truly a heart-felt sobbing moment!! 

They played a song by Snow Patrol called Chasing Cars. I have listened to this song so many times and always wondered about the fact that they say “we can do everything on our own and don’t need anything or anyone”, and thought, yeah right, we all need someone. 

A friend made me realise recently that there are times in life when we just need some time to “regroup”, “pull yourself together” instead of having “someone” in your life.

When I was listening to the song on my way home yesterday the meaning of the words had a whole different meaning.  Was stuck in traffic and simply had to make some notes on my phone.  Those wings in motion again J.  The words of the song follows below so you can better understand the rest of the article.

We'll do it all, Everything, On our own

We don't need, Anything, Or anyone

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know, How to say, How I feel

Those three words, Are said too much, They're not enough

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told, Before we get too old, Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time, Chasing cars, Around our heads

I need your grace, To remind me, To find my own

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told, Before we get too old, Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am, All that I ever was, Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where, Confused about how as well, Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

A beautiful love song isn’t it?  Can now understand why it was used in a “heart-felt” moment.

Listening to the above words just made me realise that when we are feeling lost we can have tons and tons of people around us and the feel the same way or even worse.

Sometimes we just need to spend some time in God’s arms. Let Him be the only one to comfort us and make us feel like the special people we are.  Forget about the world and everything in it for a while.  He doesn’t expect us to say anything, just be still and be there.  Find ourselves in the process, remembering who we are in His eyes.

Asking Him to let it be:  “Just the two of us”.

May all of you find this kind of love and comfort in God’s arms when you need it the most J

No comments:

Post a Comment