Friday 21 October 2011

Having a brain like a sieve is not always a bad thing.....

Doesn’t sound too complimentary now does it?

Had quite a funny experience the other day.  Well, I thought it was funny anyway.  I had a choice between being offended or laughing about it.  I chose the latter.  It immediately gave me a thought to share with you guys.  My boss asked me to print a document for him while he was out of the office.  It was a big pdf document that he was busy downloading and he was in a rush to go somewhere and couldn’t wait to start printing it.  I sat there for a bit and realised that I could do other things while waiting for the document to download.  When my boss returned he said one word to me, “sif”.  At first I had no idea what he was referring to and thought it was something odd to say.  He gave no explanation and walked away.  It was then that I realised that I totally forgot to print the document and that he was now busy doing it himself.  Oops!!  I went to him to apologise saying I got busy with other things.  He said no that was not what happened, what happened.  I repeated that I got busy.  Again he said, no that is not what happened.  I then said to him that I got busy and then forgot.  “Ah”, he said and then smiled.  Fortunately for me he has a wonderful sense of humour. He said that sometimes people’s brains are like sieves.  I just laughed and apologised again.

When I returned to my desk I thought, well maybe it is not always such a bad thing to forget about things from time to time.  Well not in the work environment of course (that might get you into trouble :-)), but in life in general.  Can you imagine if we remembered every little thing that happened in our lives in detail?  Especially the bad things that we are supposed to leave behind us and move on.  We might not always forget them completely but we do deal with them, put them behind us and move on.

Description: Sieve.WMF

Hope you guys get to be very sharp and alert at work and the grace to forget the details about the not so pleasant things that happens to you throughout your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment