Tuesday 4 October 2011

Multitasking.... Good Or Bad?

Remember at some stage I said that I am going to ask God for an extra set of hands so that I can do more?  Don’t think so anymore.

A friend said the other night that we need to be very careful what we ask for when we talk to God because he might just give it to you :-).

There are so many things we try to juggle in life all at the same time.  Eventually we are going to drop something.  The question is what?  And at what cost?  We work double shifts to try and get everything done at work.  We excercise for hours a week because we want to be healthy and try to relax.  We try to get to everything and everyone and there are only so many hours in a day. 

Sure we need to do all these things as they are important, we just need to try and be more balanced in life.  Decide which things are really important and to what extent we need to spend time on what.  Of course this is no easy task.  Must admit I tried to fit a lot of things in little time and it does not work for me at all!  I have no idea how people do it.  Tried going to gym early in the morning, but then I don’t get to bible study and there is no way that I will be able to get up at 04h00 in the morning to do it.  It is simply not possible to start the day without it.  So, now I will have to go after work and maybe not everyday.  Tried spending extra time at work to get and keep up to date with all the work but that is not working either.  The work doesn’t get any less, I just get exausted.

Some time ago I read a book (total heart health for woman) where they said that it is important to split your day in three sections.  8 hours for work, 8 hours for relaxing, 8 hours for sleep.  This is not always possible but we can try.  That you need to focus on mind, body and soul.

Someone at work asked for some information that he needed to do some work.  I only got to the e-mail about 5 minutes before I went home.  Sent the info via e-mail and apologised for it being a bit late.  He sent a smile back and said tommorrow is another day.  That is so true!  The funny thing is that sometimes someone at work asks you to do something very urgent.  You know when you get work today that should have been done last week, and is enough to keep 3 people busy? Only thing is you only get a couple of hours today.  You work like crazy to get it done only to see it lying in someones office for days for approval or before it is used!  How frustrating. 

So, is it really worth it running this rat race.....

No comments:

Post a Comment