Friday 21 October 2011

Without Family And Friends

The past weekend I had the privelage of spending a lot of time with friends and family. Boy was it fun!! (Exausting too a little, but mostly fun). 

On Saturday morning there was a pancake fundraiser with a friend.  We were four ladies who worked together.  We had such a laugh and “jol”.  Was just altogether a great experience. 

Later that day I went to a birthday lunch with my aunt who turned 50.  It was so nice seeing some of the family that I haven’t seen for ages and I even met one of my cousins/nephews (in afrikaans it is called “nefie”, so I have no idea which one to choose in English), that I have never seen before!!!  It is my uncle’s (my moms brother’s) son.  I never had a lot of contact with my biological moms family.  Only got to know them after her funeral about 2 years ago.  It is really a good experience seeing what they are like and where I come from.  Having foster parents opening up their hearts and home to you is a wonderful experience and I am so greatful for that.  They will always be my parents and I love them dearly.  It is also great if you are able to have contact with your biological family.  My foster mom agrees on this. There is a special bond that no one can take away.  It was so nice to see the similarities between us.  The facial features and so much more.  Hearing them talk about childhood stories etc. I am so blessed to have two families.  God is so good!!!!

On Saturday night I went to another friends birthday party (‘n braai).  There I got to meet loads of new people.  So exciting!!!!!

Then one of my highlights every weekend is on Sunday going to church.  Experiencing fellowship with the cell members and the other children of God.  There is no words to describe that bond, that feeling.  Wow doesn’t even do it.

So , there is my wonderful weekend in a nutshel. 

There was research done (don’t know the details) to indicated that having friends and family in your life helps you lead a less stressful life.  Having that support system makes such a big difference.  Not just in tough times but also to share all the great times you are going through. 

Someone explained once that friends are like invisable angels that helps us get back on our feet when our wings forget to fly.

Cherish, respect and love your friends and family dearly.  Spend as much time with them as possible while you still can. 


Pro 17:17            
Friends always show their love. What are relatives for if not to share
trouble?

Eph 6:1 - 3: 
Children, it is your Christian duty to obey your parents, for this is the right thing to do. "Respect your father and mother" is the first commandment that has a promise added: so that all may go well with you, and you may live a Long time in the land."

Mar 3:32 - 35: A crowd was sitting around Jesus, and they said to him, "Look, your mother
and your brothers and sisters are outside, and they want you." Jesus answered, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" He looked at the people sitting around him and said, "Look! Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does what God wants is my brother, my sister, my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment